My goal is to run 1,000 miles in 2010. See how far along I am:

Thursday, August 13, 2009

-7: For real


After much debate, thinking, and asking others I finally signed up with the Leukemia/Lymphoma Society's Team in Training Program. This January, less than five months from now, I will be running/walking/crawling 13.1 miles through Disney World. I will be also fundraising $4000 for LLS as part of the program.
This will tell the story of my adventure, all the times I love running, hate running, how I manage to fundraise this all this loot, what I'm eating and of course about my training.
My fundraising site was set up today, so I spent a good portion of the morning making it nice, and then mass emailing it to everyone I know. My Facebook page has been taken over with updates about this and link to my site.
I made a nice breakdown of what I need donation-wise to get to $4000
I would need all of these donations:

10 Donations of $100= $1000

20 Donations of $75= $1500

17 Donations of $50= $850

26 Donations of $25= $650

I've been brainstorming ideas for fundraising, and if anyone has any ideas please let me.

So follow me along and check back frequently. I won't be quiting, my only goal is to get across the finish the race the same day I start it.
Of course please consider making a donation to my goal
here
And please bookmark this
Amazon.com link which will give a small percentage of your purchases to my goal.

Wish Me Luck!

1 comment:

Terrie Alfieri Photography said...

you should have a tupperware party to fundraise lol
or have an rcr show with a donation jar.