My goal is to run 1,000 miles in 2010. See how far along I am:

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

+33: A cranky knee

It happened today. I missed my first run. :( I felt terrible about it all day long. In all fairness though, my knee has been bothering me since Saturday's long run. Four years ago I fell on a concrete floor at work and injured it. I was out from work for a month! It bothers me every now and then, but otherwise it's not bad. I found out at that time also that I have IT band. I think that's what this is, but am not 100% on that. However I ran yesterday, in pain. Took some Motrin last night, and decided this morning to rest an extra day and let my knee have a break. It starting feeling better today, then the pain came back while I was in my 3 hour film class tonight. I think it's the way I sit. The desks have no place to put my feet in front of me, and it bothers my knee when I cross it over, or when I put the other leg on top. So it still hurts. I'm not happy about it either, and I'm not sure what I should do. I think I may go to the doctor, and see if maybe I can go back to physical therapy for it. I hope it feels better for 10k of Cow Harbour on Saturday. Boo!

No comments: