My goal is to run 1,000 miles in 2010. See how far along I am:

Thursday, April 17, 2008

Thursday garden update

3 Weeks 'till school is over. Its been a busy semester back. Im in the process of trying to transfer to Stony Brook so I can focus more on Asian Studies and much less on Spanish. My heart is all for Japan. I really need to get back there very soon. It's been a year, and I'm soo homesick!

Matt and I turned over the garden last weekend, and sometime in the next week Im going to plant everything. Heres what we'll have:

Veggies
  • Tomatoes
  • Peppers
  • String beans
  • Peas
  • Bibb Lettuce
  • Mesculin Mix
  • Micro Greens
  • Cucumbers
  • Red Radishes
  • Daikon Radishes
  • Carrots
  • Zucchini
  • Summer Squash

Herbs
  • Basil
  • Cilantro
  • Mint
  • Dill
  • Parsley
  • Lavender
AND.....
HOPS!!
Yupp our very own hops! I order the rhizomes a few days ago online from Freshops.
We ordered the Cascade, Fuggle and Magnum hops. Hopefully we will get a decent crop this first year. Usually the hops need a year to establish their root systems, but next year we defiantly have a nice crop.

No comments: