My goal is to run 1,000 miles in 2010. See how far along I am:

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

New School, New Life!

   Its now 3 weeks into the new school year at my new school!  Do you know how sometimes you have this overwhelming feeling that you finally made a good decision? Well, that is how I feel about my new life at Stony Brook! I have never felt so right about school before. I am glad that I took time off from school, and went to Japan and got married. Our trip to Japan was the most influencial thing in my life. It took flying half way around the world and spending an entire month in a country where I did not know anyone or how to speak the language to find what makes me happy. 
   So now I am at Stony Brook University and I am doing a double major in Asian, Asian American studies and Linguistics. I find it amazing how much I love going to school. I am taking great classes and studying Japanese. I even joined a club, something I never did in my college life ever. 
This is all going to be a lot of hard work but I will finally get to move back to Japan when it is all over. I am homesick for Japan every single day since I have been back here in the US.

Matt came home from tour last week. He was gone for three weeks, I'm glad he's home. His tour went well, and there will be several more in the future. I hope they catch something big, that would be rad!

Oh! And right now I'm working on knitting Urchin from Knitty. I've been wanting a beret, ad this cool weather that is rolling in, is not only making me smile but making me want a beret even more! :) Dear god do I love the fall! Gorgeous!! 
 
 


1 comment:

Christybaby said...

Glad to hear that you do enjoy your school life in Stony Brook:)