My goal is to run 1,000 miles in 2010. See how far along I am:

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

10 weeks in.

"It is amazing how much you can progress week after week, month after month, year after year if you allow for gradual training increases." Bob Glover

This is today's Runner's world kick in the butt quote and it's is so true. I find it amazing what I am able to do now 10 weeks into training. I went from not walking or running at all to taking down a 10 mile (with out dying!) Had you asked me to do this a year ago I never would have thought I would be able to.

The past few weeks have been rough training weeks. It's getting colder, which makes it harder to get out the door. I've been overwhelmed with school. There was a whole week when I was sick, and then my foot was bothering me for a few days both of which took me down. But I just have to remember to not let little set backs get me down.

The other day a post popped up in my Google reader from Nicole at The Marathon of Life, it was her post race report of her first marathon. I read this after I was feeling bummed about training and just to read about how awesome her first marathon went after all the hard work of training was such an awesome feeling. It made me feel so much better about getting out there everyday and running.

It's going to feel so amazing to cross the finish line!

No comments: