My goal is to run 1,000 miles in 2010. See how far along I am:

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

The "Oh my god!" moment.

Today was the deadline for recommitment. I confidently filled out my forms and faxed them in, committing myself fully to fundraising and training. As I sat at my desk today (playing with my new desk toys) I saw an email from Rich our coordinator congratulating us for recommitting. and with this in it:
It's Time to Register for the Race!
Attached you will find the official Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend Registration Form. Although you've filled out everything for me, Disney does require that you fill out their official registration form (if you have not done so already).

Yikes I thought. Recommitment didn't involve deciding on your race yet. But I need to do so by November 4th and I starting to feel unsure. The longest run I have done so far is 10 miles. I'll be doing 10 again this Saturday with the team. Then the Thursday I will be doing my 12 mile run by myself, since we will be away in New Hampshire on Halloween.

If I do the half marathon I will probably be running by myself and I don't know how I feel about that. I know that Emily and Bonnie are doing the full and I really want to run with them, but I also don't want to start a race that not be able to finish it. I really hate letting myself down, and I know if I don't finish I'm going to be really bummed. Matt said he doesn't want me to hurt myself, or to be disappointed (He knows me all too well.)

After looking at last weeks 10 miler, ignoring splits and going with the overall time it will probably take 6 hours and 49 minutes to finish the full. That is with walking some miles. When I signed up intially for the program I planned to walk the whole race, so I suppose anything is better.

I suppose I will be able to make a better decision after my next long runs.

What do you think?

No comments: