My goal is to run 1,000 miles in 2010. See how far along I am:

Monday, November 9, 2009

14 miles back on my feet

Saturday was my first run back on my feet. 14 miles! For not running in two weeks it was not so bad, although had I ran on schedule I would have had an easier time with it.
We ran in a preserve park trail, which was gorgeous. It was quite a chilly 33 degree morning and everything was covered in frost. Along the trail there are several small wooden bridges and streams that ran along the trail. There was also a fog that sat upon the lake and made me feel like I was in some magical place. I was waiting for gnomes to come out of hiding and hand me drinks.

My first eight miles went strong and I felt great. Mile eight I hit the wall. My foot started bothering me I ran about another mile and a half and then had to walk the rest of the miles.
The whole run took 3:36:18 with a 15:42 pace slow but I walked.
I'm just happy I'm back on my feet.

For the rest of the day I curled up in bed and slept.

No comments: