My goal is to run 1,000 miles in 2010. See how far along I am:

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Running and the Creative Process


I don't know how the creative process works, but it always seems, as I'm running...that thoughts start coming in; sentences start coming in.

Robert A. Caro, biographer

There could not have been a better quote for me to read today from Runner's World. I find that almost every time I run I have ideas of all sorts spilling out of my head like a boiling pot bubbles over. Something I could never figure out. There have been several instances where I have made notes on my cell phone so I would not forget.
It's a bummer I have not run in over a week now. I've been nervous about my leg and want to give it sufficient time to heal up and I've found myself in a bit of a writers block for all my school work. This semester my papers have been so much better, maybe because running allows my some serious thinking time alone.
Thursday I plan to get back out there after my physical. I hope everything is okay with my leg now as its feeling better. This Saturday I am looking at a lengthy 14 miler in the morning with Emily and Bonnie. We are going to run on our own this week and plan a new route. As much as I love running with the team on Saturdays we keep running in the same park, which I don't think is the best for long runs. There are several shorter routes most of which are about 3 miles so we keep running loops and meeting back in the middle. I find this a little frustrating and easier to want to stop running. So we're going to try something new instead.

No comments: