My goal is to run 1,000 miles in 2010. See how far along I am:

Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Winter gelatos

I'd like a nice gelato right now. I think this may be a good week to put the kitchen aid ice cream attachment to good use. Something seasonal. Mascarpone gelato with cranberry sauce, liquified sauce not that dread-full canned sauce. A nice blood orange gelato would be great too. Wow that just reminded me that it is blood orange season. I need to get some while the getting is good for the year. YUMM! I'll have to work on that this week, plus gelato is on the cook's 100 list.

Another another cooking note, I made sloppy joes today using this recipe from Simply recipes. Absolutely amazing flavor. Joe mix from an envelope does not even compare. Nice sweet and tangy flavor. However I would add additional cayenne powder for more heat next time.

No comments: