My goal is to run 1,000 miles in 2010. See how far along I am:

Saturday, December 12, 2009

Super 8 Saturday

"Now if you are going to win any battle you have to do one thing. You have to make the mind run the body. Never let the body tell the mind what to do. The body will always give up. It is always tired in the morning, noon, and night. But the body is never tired if the mind is not tired.
- George S. Patton, U.S. Army General, 1912 Olympian

Saturday morning: 29 degrees with a wind chill making it feel about 19 degrees. Not exactly the conditions you expect to have the best run ever in!

I've been hurting, my feet, my legs, my back. Last night I came across an article on Runner's World about how after an injury, pain can present it self mentally even you've healed. You can become hyper-vigilant to injuring yourself again. I'm pretty sure that's what's been going on with me. Every little ache or pain has become a reason not to run.

Last night I said screw this, I am running strong and having an awesome run tomorrow I don't care- and I did!

I met up with the other half of the team today at a place know as "the dump", which used to be- a garbage dump. Now it's a secluded park preserve with some amazing views. There is a two mile loop around the base and about two and half up the big hill and down.

This morning I saw cute little guinea fowl, the sunrise over the beach, ran on a boardwalk, saw a windmill, had an awesome view of Manhattan from the top of the hill, and saw goats on the way out. It was quite a day. I did a 3:1 interval and while I was tired during the run it was a great eight!

The cold doesn't even matter anymore. Okay, yes I did wear two of everything today. But after the first two miles I was sweating.

After the run I stopped at Starbucks and had myself a well derserved chai latte.

This afternoon, after my post run siesta, Matt and I went Christmas shopping. I picked out some nice running goods for Christmas.

I also ordered my Race Ready shorts. These shorts have about four pocket sewn into the back of the shorts to carry you're things on race day. More about those when they arrive.

25 days until I leave for Disney!!

No comments: